To bed, that is. Game night ended late, the usual post-game conversation went even later, so I’ve just got time to throw out some random thoughts.
- The announcement of the cast for Episode VII has sparked the first genuine excitement for the film I’ve had since it was announced. Seeing Andy Serkis and Max Von Sydow on the list nearly prompted a shout of glee that probably wouldn’t have gone over well in my office. The whole thing finally feels real.
- It’s not even May yet and we’re hitting 90 degrees on a daily basis. Please tell me again how global warming isn’t a thing.
- That said, we had a nice preview of summer tonight as the wrath of God came through in thunderstorm form. I’ve seen afternoon boomers worse than some hurricanes that have hit us, and we just shrug and go, “Eh, Florida, what are you going to do?”
- I’m ridiculously excited for the new Godzilla. It looks like it’s tapped right into that part of my brain that sat wide-eyed in front of a black and white TV watching Creature Feature on a fuzzy signal from Tampa as a kid. All awe and wonder.
- Good news: there’s going to be a TV series based on one of my favorite role-playing games, Deadlands. Bad news: it’s going to be on Xbox Live, something I haven’t touched in over a year. And I don’t think even a Deadlands TV show will get me to fire it up again.
- I’m really tired of hearing about the NFL draft. I just want the damn thing to happen already. And I think 90% of the writers forced to keep doing mock drafts and speculation columns feel the same way.
- I think I’m going to give The Wheel of Time another go. I’ll miss you all.
And with that, good night, good night, wherever you are. Which is likely in your house in front of a computer, but that doesn’t have quite the same ring.